Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Researching Weekends Away!

Murphy didn't strike...I was not shortlisted for the Hamilton job, so off the hook there..phewww...Having decided that perhaps Hamilton is a little far from Melbourne I started looking for new locations.  Queue..my Mum!  She had heard that there was a lot of infrastructure going on in Maryborough so I started researching and came up with the fact it had close to 8000 residents, size I'm looking for, tick, at least 5 pubs, big tick, and was only 2.5 hours from Melbourne, all looking good so far, so why are there no jobs being advertised for such a progressive town I wonder?


I decided it was time to start proper investigations so I packed the trolley dolly case and set off for this progressive country town only to find it was nothing like I expected!  Within 5 minutes my sister and I knew this was not the place to relocate to, a small gathering of shops, most of the pubs had closed down and it appears that a whole load of factories are being built there, so not the type of progressive town I'm looking for!  I am now kicking myself that I didn't go to my first choice which is still Horsham so I am determined that Horsham will be next weeks country visit and I hope that it will be exactly what I'm looking for otherwise it's back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment