Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

City Girl!

I am a City girl through and through, so why now am I leaning towards abandoning the stilettos and city streets with all its fabulous bars and restaurants for a life in the country?
To be clear, I don't mean just green fields and no other people for miles, i am talking suburban country with neighbours and shops and of course the country pubs, but why would I give up a life in the city for a small town!

Put into the mix the fact that for the last 12 months I have lived in Melbourne Central and for the 11 years prior was living in Central London, the mecca of fabulous culture and the arts, and the magnificence that is Europe on my doorstep, are you now wondering if I need therapy!  
Perhaps this will be my therapy, discovering my reasons why I think this change may suit me or not.

This is not just something I'm considering on a whim, for the past 5 months I have been spending a lot of time in the country town of Stawell as my sister was the local Publican, needless to say I now know a lot of people in Stawell from perching myself at the bar with my vodka, lime and sodas, plus pulling the odd pot or two! 

So the first question is, can I go from being an anonymous figure in the city to someone who will be gossiped about constantly, as they love to do in small towns (yes I know I only visit the country but I have already heard a few rumours about myself..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment